Radical changes to the Use Classes Order – What is the new Class E?


It has a been a busy few weeks in planning, and the government has just announced yet more planning reforms. You may be familiar with the Use Classes Order – it divides the ‘uses’ of land and property into different classes. Class A1 covers shops for example, and A3 restaurants. Offices come under B1, flats and houses are C3. Changes between the different classes sometimes require planning permission, sometimes don’t.